Angove Organic Wines - It's not that hard to Be Good
Angove Family Winemakers craft a wide range of certified organic wines. By drinking our organic wine you are drinking a wine that is made without the use of artificial herbicides, pesticides or other chemical inputs. They are pure, sustainable, natural wines made with just the gentlest touch of our winemakers. With our range of South Australian and McLaren Vale Organic wines it's not that hard to be good.
Click Here for more #AngoveBeGood
Fast Facts on our Organic Wine and Organic Winemaking
- 2018 marks the 12th anniversary of Angove Family Winemakers farming and making wine under organic certification.
- With 110Ha (271 acres) Certified Organic and an additional 94Ha (232 acres) due to be certified by 2019, Angove Family Winemakers is now one of the most significant organic grape growers and winemakers in Australia.
- By 2020 all of our vineyards will be 100% Organically certified.
- Our 14ha historic Warboys Vineyard in McLaren Vale has been farmed Organically & Biodynamically since 2008 and was fully certified in 2011.
- What makes a wine Organic? - Organic Wine is made from certified organic grapes grown with no artificial fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides. In the winery the winemakers take care not to add any non-organic inputs and let the wines progress as naturally as possible.
- We use specially designed undervine mowers built and modified by our own engineering department for weed control which is one of the hardest parts of farming organically.
- Farming organically and using extensive undervine mulching has reduced our irrigation requirements significantly.
- Angove Family Winemakers is certified to Australian, USDA (United States), Canadian, EU and Chinese Organic Standards, one of only a handful of wineries to cover this many regions.
- We have even trialled steam as a weed control mechanism!